Frequently Asked Questions
Where do you consult?
Mr Furness consults at Sandringham Orthopaedic Specialists in Bay Road, Sandringham and at Principle Orthopaedics, located in Peninsular Private Hospital. You can choose to visit either locations for your consultation.
What to bring for your first appointment
- Please bring your referral letter from your GP or Medical Specialist
- Please bring any relevant test results such as X-rays, MRI scan and/or CT scans
- Please provide relevant information about your medical history including any allergies and current medications or any advice regarding any recent or past injury that may be pertinent to your appointment.
- Your Medicare card / DVA card
- Your Private Health insurance details
- If you have had surgery elsewhere, please bring a copy of your operation report
- Correspondence from other treating Specialists
- Work Cover / TAC Claim details
When to arrive
Please confirm your appointment time the day before. Please arrive approx. 10 -15 minutes prior to your appointment as parking is sometimes limited and this also allows time to record any relevant information into our system prior to your appointment. If you have a questionnaire to fill out this also allows time for this to be processed.
What happens at your appointment
An appointment for a new patient takes around 30-45 minutes. At the time Mr Furness will discuss with you your medical history, your symptoms, any recent test results and then may offer an opinion or recommendation for treatment.
Mr Furness will allow plenty of time to discuss all of the above and also to ask any questions that you have regarding your treatment. You are welcome to have someone attend the appointment with you.
Follow Up Consultation
You may be asked to make another appointment to see Mr Furness to discuss any further testing or to see if any progress has been made.
At least 48 hours notice is requested for cancellations so that others may benefit from the space available. Cancellations on the day of the appointment incur a $95.00 cancellation fee.
Which hospitals do you operate at?
Mr Furness operates at Linacre and Peninsula Private Hospitals. He also works at Sandringham, Frankston and Bendigo public hospitals.
Do you see TAC and WorkCover patients?
Yes, both TAC and WorkCover patients are welcome.
Are you in need of some advice or treatment?
Before your initial consultation with Mr Furness, please complete the Patient Registration Form by clicking the link below.